The MESG Token is an ERC-20 token created on the Ethereum Mainnet at the address:
It has a total supply of 250,000,000 MESG that cannot be modified.
Algorithmic Token Distribution
The MESG Foundation is releasing the MESG Tokens progressively via a system called Algorithmic Token Distribution (ATD) to increase stability and transparency.
The ATD consists of a distribution of daily allotments of MESG Tokens calculated as a small percentage of the previous day’s trading volume, tying tokens distribution to actual demand.
Releasing MESG Tokens based on actual volume protects tokens in slow/bear markets by keeping released quantities low. More tokens will be released in faster markets.
The ATD started on the first day of listing, the 14th February 2019, and will continue until the total supply has been distributed.
The total supply was initially divided into 4 allocations. Each allocation has a very specific goal.
You can check the current token distribution on Etherscan.
- Initial supply: 62.5% (156,250,000 MESG)
The tokens in this allocation will be sent to Exchanges and sold at the current market price.
- Initial supply: 20% (50,000,000 MESG)
The tokens in this allocation will not be distributed until the ATD has completed.
Team & Founders
- Initial supply: 12.5% (31,250,000 MESG)
The tokens in this allocation will be distributed to the Team & Founders of the MESG Foundation.
Partners & Bounties
- Initial supply: 5% (12,500,000 MESG)
The tokens in this allocation will be distributed to either MESG's partners and advisors, or to any bounty programs or hackathons.
An initial 0.1% of the total supply (250,000 MESG Tokens) was released on the 14th February 2019, the first day of listing, from the Sale allocation to initiate trading and provide liquidity.
The exact percentage of each allocation's daily allotments fluctuates to match the distribution needs of the MESG Foundation.
The circulating supply started at 250,000 MESG (0.1% of total supply) and grows every time a daily allotment is distributed.
Daily Traded Volume
The Daily Traded Volume (DTV) is calculated from the aggregation of the last 24h traded volume of the major crosses against the MESG Token. It is calculated internally but can be checked against other sources like CoinMarketCap.
The ATD Smart Contract is used to distribute tokens from the different allocations and ensures transparency by recording all activities related to the ATD on a public ledger (Ethereum Mainnet).
Its source code is open source and is available on GitHub.
The ATD Dashboard is used to display the daily traded volume, the daily distribution of the allocations, the circulating supply, the allocation percentages, and more.
Statistics on the ATD Dashboard can be compared against public records such as Etherscan or CoinMarketCap to boost trustworthiness and transparency with the community.
The activities below represent a checklist of involved in getting MESG listed on Token Exchanges. While a linear process may be implied below, it is accepted that each Exchange interaction won't always follow this exact path. However, this checklist should still be adhered to as much as possible.
Throughout the life-cycle of the Exchange Listing
1. Select an Exchange
- Yellow will select the ideal Exchange to approach from the pool of pre-approved exchanges in the MESG Token Exchanges Google Doc
- The engagement priority is reflected in the listing order.
2. Engage with the Exchange
Yellow will initiate contact and start discussions with the selected Exchange. The purpose of the engagement is to obtain information about listing procedure such as:
- Listing Price
- What marketing services they can offer
- Other information that will affect the listing process.
It is imperative that the above information is communicated back to MESG throughout the engagement.
3. MESG and Yellow reach consensus on whether the listing is to be done.
4. MESG completes the application process.
The application process needs to be placed in the Exchanges folder with a new filter with the name of the exchange and the application form inside
5. Yellow assess and negotiates the Exchange contract.
Details of this activity must always be communicated to MESG. For instance: which aspects of the contract are problematic, beneficial and what the status of the negotiation is. Once this contract is finalized it should go in the exchange's folder created previously.
6. MESG selects listing date.
Yellow's input on this topic will be sought, but the criteria for selecting the listing date will typically involve providing enough time to create marketing material and visibility.
7. MESG to set up marketing efforts in conjunction with the Exchange's offerings and Yellow's guidance.
It is likely that the marketing campaigns for all exchange listings will mostly look alike and that Standard Operating Procedures can be designed for these. But, given that some exchanges will provide additional marketing support and will have unique offerings, each listing's marketing campaign will also have a bespoke component.
8. MESG to sign the Exchange Listing contract.
9. MESG to execute Marketing strategy.
This is based on the strategy designed in "7" above. Also create a major announcement
- For recurring token payouts, the MESG/USD exchange rate will be calculated from the rate at 13:00 (UTC+7) on the first day of the given month from the aggregated exchange rate.
- For non-recurring payouts made before 13:00 (UTC+7) on a given day, the rate will be calculated from the previous day’s aggregated exchange rate at 13:00 (UTC+7).
- For non-recurring payouts made after 13:00 (UTC+7), the aggregated exchange rate at 13:00 (UTC+7) from the same day will be used.